Riley Thorn and The Dead Guy Next Door
by Lucy Score
Book Club Questions
About 15 years ago, we started our first book club at Cupboard Maker Books. We are excited to start a new book club to discuss Lucy Score's books. We have always written book club questions to help facilitate discussion. Please feel free to use these questions for your own book club.
Warning: These questions contain SPOILERS for this book.
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- What genre do you think this book is and why?
- At the beginning of the book, Riley is a broke, divorced 34-year-old proofreader, what do you think of this introduction to her?
- Would you want to live in an unlicensed rental unit in a crumbling Front Street mansion? Why or why not?
- What do you think of the time that begins each chapter?
- Riley wants to be normal but the dead talk to her, would you rather be normal or be Riley? Why?
- The first chapter begins with the climax on City Island, how do you feel about it?
- What do you think of flipping back in time for the 2nd chapter?
- What do you think of Nick and his job?
- Who is your favorite character and why?
- Who is your least favorite character and why?
- Riley and Nick have a conversation about her being a good girl and him being a bad boy. How does this story reflect that trope?
- The romantic conflict is Nick and Riley wanting different lives, what do you think of the conflict?
- How do you feel about Riley’s grandmother sending Gabe?
- Would you go undercover in Nature Girl bar? Why or why not?
- What do you think of the pacing of the book?
- Do you like the setting?
- Can you see the places in the book?
- How do you feel about the dialogue?
- Do you have a favorite scene and if so what is it and why?
- What other series does this book remind you of and why?
- Did you figure out the killer and the motive before the reveal?
- How does the Epilogue sound?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
- Do you want to read more by the author?
Need to pick-up a copy of the book? You can order signed books here.
The Cupboard Maker Books
157 N. Enola Rd
Enola, PA 17025