Things We Never Got Over by Lucy Score
Book Club Questions
About 15 years ago, we started our first book club at Cupboard Maker Books. We are excited to start a new book club to discuss Lucy Score's books. We have always written book club questions to help facilitate discussion. Please feel free to use these questions for your own book club.
Warning: These questions contain SPOILERS for this book.
- What do you think of the 1st person narration with shifting perspectives?
- How do the chapter titles reflect the chapter themes?
- The book begins with Naomi seeing a picture of herself with a Do Not Serve note, how would you feel?
- What do you think of the introduction to the idea of Naomi’s evil twin, Tina?
- Do Knox and Naomi have a meet cute? Why or why not?
- Why do you think Naomi got in a car with Knox at their first meeting?
- What is the worst thing Tina does to Naomi at the beginning of the book?
- How do you feel about Waylay?
- Why do you think it would be hard to call the police on Tina if you were Naomi?
- Who is your favorite character and why?
- Who is your least favorite character and why?
- How do you feel about runaway brides?
- Which is your favorite relationship in the book and why?
- Would you want to live in Knockemout?
- Is stalking Naomi on Facebook a good way for Knox to learn about her?
- Would you want to work at the Honky Tonk?
- What is your favorite scene and why?
- Were you surprised that Knox won 11 million dollars in the lottery?
- What do you think of the way he used the money?
- How do you think you would respond to winning that much money?
- How do you feel when Waylay tells Naomi, Knox and the rest that Tina cut her hair to punish her?
- Should Naomi have emailed her parents the truth about Waylay right away?
- Do you think Naomi was right to confront Waylay’s teacher?
- What do you think of the Easter egg of Naomi thinking about rereading Rock Bottom Girl to understand soccer?
- How do you feel about Naomi’s propensity to be a people pleaser?
- What do you think of Naomi’s confrontation with Warner in the Honky Tonk?
- How do you feel about Knox ending it with Naomi?
- Knox thinks he and Naomi should be over each other in five days, is this realistic?
- What do you think of someone who breaks up with someone because relationships always end even if it’s because of death?
- Lina says people should start introductions with their baggage, what do you think?
- What did you think of the confrontation with Tina?
- Did you like the Epilogue?
- Did you enjoy the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Need to pick-up a copy of the book? You can order signed books here.
The Cupboard Maker Books
157 N. Enola Rd
Enola, PA 17025