Autumn Thorns by Yasmine Galenorn
Urban Fantasy Book Club
Autumn Thorns Book Club Questions
- What do you think of the first person narration?
- The book starts with advice for visitors to Whisper Hollow, is this a little heavy handed?
- The book starts with Kerris enumerating the signs that she ignored until the express letter from the real world tells her that her grandmother is dead, is this a good beginning?
- What do you think of the job of the spirit shaman?
- Would you want to be one?
- Do you like Kerris?
- What do you think of her ghost hunting while in Seattle?
- Does it feel like there is a lot of exposition in the beginning of the book?
- Who is your favorite character?
- So Kerris inherits a paid off house plus money from her grandparents and she is the spirit shaman which does not pay but is a lot of work but decides she needs a job too, does this make any sense?
- Were you at all surprised that Kerris’s mother, Tamil, was murdered?
- Do you think the idea of Diago, a spirit who feeds on people on the brink of death is interesting?
- Does it seem odd that Kerris takes Bryan with her to face Diago because she does not really know him?
- Do Bryan and Kerris seem to connect easily?
- So Whisper Hollow is in the Pacific Northwest and the Native Americans are totally cool with the descendants of the Morrigan running the supernatural world, does this seem a little odd?
- So Duvall, Kerris’s grandfather was supposedly an architect and he never noticed that the his house had a cool secret room?
- How creepy does Penelope the pin cushion and Gatekeeper sound?
- Does the author do a good job with descriptions of places?
- Is it neat for Kerris that she can work with Bryan?
- Why didn’t her grandmother sacrifice Duvall to the lake when she was 20?
- Could Magda have been an interesting character if she was not pure evil, cursing one daughter and killing the other?
- Aidan was a shapeshifter, does Duvall blackmailing him for murder that was really self defense seem like it would work?
- Is the Crescent Moon Society a cool idea?
- Why does Kerris know about Pest Houses but Bryan who lived at that time does not?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring