Whispers Beyond the Veil by Jessica Estevao
Mystery Book Club
Whispers Beyond the Veil Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 1st person narration?
- Do you like Ruby?
- Are you surprised that Ruby’s father, the con man, is so easy to con by other con men?
- Did Ruby kill Johnny?
- Do you like the sections that are from a different perspective than Ruby’s?
- Does Ruby’s unwillingness to identify her attacker make sense?
- Does the Hotel Belden sound cool?
- How would you respond to a long lost relative asking about your psychic gift?
- Does it seem a little odd that Ruby was never taught the correct way to read tarot cards at the various places she and her father visited?
- Are you surprised that Ruby’s father didn’t give her to Honoria for money?
- Is a small hotel catering to Spiritualists a good idea?
- What do you think of Mrs. Doyle’s distrust of Ruby?
- Is it an outright lie from Ruby that she is a medium?
- What do you think of Stickner the skeptic?
- Is it convenient that ruby keeps overhearing Stickner threatening people?
- What do you think of the murder occurring halfway through the book?
- What do you think of Ayer’s threat?
- Who is your favorite character?
- Where you surprised at Albert Fitch's death?
- Does Ayer’s death seem like a setup for ruby?
- Where you suprised that Honoria confessed?
- Were you surprised that Flora was disguised as Madame Fidelia and the killer?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring