The Real Deal by Lauren Blakely
Romance Book Club
The Real Deal Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the alternating 1st person narration?
- Does going to a family reunion alone sound so terrible?
- Do you like April?
- Is the idea of family members trying to fix you up with dates that terrible?
- What do you think of the use of technology?
- What do you think of Theo’s business model?
- Do you like Theo?
- What do you think of their first meeting?
- If you were in April’s place what type of fake boyfriend would you want?
- Does April’s job of painting people sound cool?
- How do April and Theo illustrate the difference of having a family safety net and not?
- Could April’s texts with Claire be covered by April’s internal dialogue?
- Is Theo not really being an actor a big lie?
- Is April being burned by Landon a good reason for her to forego dating?
- Would you want to attend April’s family reunion?
- Does April’s family of small business people who can laugh at $5000 seem odd?
- What do you think of Theo’s con artist past?
- Do you like the development of Theo and April’s relationship?
- Who is your favorite secondary character?
- Is a childhood treehouse a good setting for a couple’s first time?
- What do you think of April’s reaction to overhearing Theo discussing the possibility of their relationship being a con?
- Would Theo’s note convince you to give him another chance? (p. 326)
- Does the book feel like it takes place over 4 days?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more by the author?
Created by Michelle Haring