The Other Side of Midnight by Simone St. James
Mystery Book Club
The Other Side of Midnight Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 1st person narration?
- What do you think of the first scene where Ellie shocks the client by telling him that there’s no brooch but she knows about his toy soldiers when he was eight?
- Does being a spirit medium seem like a good job?
- Do you like Ellie?
- Does it make sense that psychics have as much difficulties with skeptics and believers for different reasons?
- Do psychic gifts seem like a gift in this book?
- Does it seem like there are a lot of suspects in Gloria’s murder?
- What do you think of the world of psychics in the 1920s?
- Do you like James?
- What do you think of the scene with Ellie’s neighbor and his dog?
- What do you think of the development of the relationship between Ellie and Gloria in flashbacks?
- How does Ellie seeing Gloria’s killer at Ramona’s flat shape the story?
- What do you think of the ghosts in this book?
- What do you think of the killer being an assassin?
- Is the mystery Gloria’s murder or the reason for Gloria’s murder?
- Were you surprised that the killer was one of Gloria’s dead brothers, Colin?
- Should Ellie have contacted Gloria?
- What did you think of the ending?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more by the author?
Created by Michelle Haring