The Next Always by Nora Roberts
Romance Book Club
The Next Always Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- The book begins with a description of a building, does it help you picture the scene if you have seen the building?
- Does the book make you want to visit Boonsboro?
- Have you visited?
- The book begins with Beckett, do you like him?
- What do you think of the ghost in the inn?
- We meet Clare through Beckett’s eyes, what do you think of this introduction?
- When Clare thinks about her life, she remembers marrying at 19 and having her children, does this make her relatable?
- Does raising 3 small active children while being a stay in the bookstore mom seem difficult?
- Does the description of the rooms make you want to go and stay at the Inn?
- What do you think of both Clare and Beckett’s thoughts on the Moment?
- Do you like books where the guy’s been in love with her forever and she didn’t know?
- What do you think of Beckett’s mom?
- Does the difficulty of dating with small children feel realistic?
- What do you think of the hiring of Hope being such a big part of Clare and Beckett’s book?
- Does Beckett sound like a fun babysitter?
- What do you think of the difference between Beckett and Sam’s reaction to Clare’s kids?
- Does it seem like Clare had a good relationship with her husband, Clint?
- Did they rush into the physical relationship?
- Is the ghost scary?
- Is Sam scary?
- Are the two dogs a good gift?
- What did you think of Sam’s attack?
- Did you like Beckett asking Harry for permission to ask Clare to marry him?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring