The Masked Truth by Kelley Armstrong
Teen Book Club
The Masked Truth Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 1st person narration for Riley and 3rd person for Max?
- In the prologue, Riley finds out that her alleged friend set her up, does it seem like a big deal at the time?
- By the end of the prologue what do you think of the higher stakes?
- Should Riley feel guilty for hiding and saving the little girl?
- Does a weekend long intensive therapy session make sense for Riley?
- How does this book make group therapy seem?
- Were you surprised that Riley gets thrown into a hostage situation so quickly?
- Is Max’s disbelief of the situation odd?
- Did you expect any of the kids to get killed at the beginning of the hostage situation?
- Was it smart for Max and Riley to run during the confusion?
- How does the labyrinth layout of the building contribute to the story?
- What do you think of Max focusing on definitions as he stalks the bad guy?
- Is seeing inside Max’s head an interesting way to learn about schizophrenia?
- Did Brienne’s back story surprise you?
- Did you expect the SWAT team to be outside?
- Were you surprised that Max got blamed for the murders?
- Does it make sense that the killers set him up?
- Would it have worked if they had killed all of the kids?
- Does Aimee sound like a decent therapist?
- Is River, Brienne’s brother, a bad guy?
- Are you surprised that Max really hurt his best friend?
- Do you think that a schizophrenia diagnosis means that someone is done for life?
- Can Riley save Max?
- What do you think of the twist that the cops are assassins?
- Does it make sense that Wheeler is trying to get Riley to kill him?
- What genre is this book?
- Did you like the book?
Created by Michelle Haring