The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer
Teen Book Club
The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- Is the Prologue a good introduction to the story?
- Is a villain just a victim whose story hasn’t been told?
- What do you think of fairy tales?
- Who do you identify with Alex or her brother, Connor?
- What do you think of Mrs. Peters, their teacher?
- How does losing their father change Alex and Connor’s lives?
- What do you think of their Grandma?
- Were you surprised that the book The Land of Stories was a portal?
- Would you have put your hand into the book like Alex?
- Would you have followed her if you were Connor?
- Did they trust the frog man quickly?
- Did the map at the beginning help you to visualize the kingdoms?
- Would you do the scavenger hunt for the wishing spell?
- Was wishing the witch would become a vegetarian a good idea?
- Whose accomplishment was greater: Alex for climbing into Rapunzel’s Tower or Connor’s for reading the journal and finding the staircase?
- Do you like the sections where you can read the journal that the twins are following?
- What do you think of the sections from the perspective of the Evil Queen?
- Did Cinderella seem like you picture her?
- Who is your favorite character from the book?
- Who is your least favorite character?
- Did Alex and Connor take advantage of Trollbella?
- Should Alex and Connor have stopped to help Trix, the fairy?
- Does it make sense that Sleeping Beauty’s land is still sleepy?
- Were you surprised by the reveal that Alex and Connor’s dad was from the Land of Stories?
- What did you think of the mermaids?
- Did you suspect the other identity of the Fairy Godmother?
- Do you feel pity for the Evil Queen after she tells her story?
- Did Goldilocks deserve to go to prison?
- Were you surprised that Froggy was a prince?
- Did you like book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring