The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman
Fantasy Book Club
The Invisible Library Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- Were you picturing any specific magical boarding school at the beginning of the book?
- What do you think of the magical chase scene after Irene retrieves the book?
- The mission of the library is to save unique books from all dimensions, does that seem like a worthy goal?
- Do you like Irene?
- Does being born into the world of the Library sound cool?
- Would you like to be a Librarian?
- How do you feel about Kai?
- What do you think of the steampunk alternate world that Irene and Kai get sent to?
- Does it seem like Irene and Kai should have had more background on this assignment?
- What do you think of the addition of the specter of Alberich?
- Did you expect alligators to be the threat at the Liechtenstein embassy ball?
- What do you think of Bradamant?
- Where you surprised that Kai was a dragon?
- Do you trust Vale?
- Did Irene make the right choice when she told Vale about the Library?
- Would you have trusted Bradamant after finding out she was the cat thief?
- Is a donation box a good hiding place?
- Is Silver a good villain?
- If the librarian Language is so powerful why doesn’t Irene use it for everything?
- Do you think Bradamant’s attack on Irene was justified?
- How do you feel about Irene using the Language on a civilian?
- How would you have handled the silverfish?
- What do you think Alberlich’s intentions are?
- Alberlich’s true form is explained in vague terms, does this engender fear?
- How do you feel about the 88th story?
- Do you believe the Library is wholly good and Alberlich wholly bad?
- What did you get out of Irene and her supervisor’s chat?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring