The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
Romance Book Club
The Hating Game Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 1st person narration?
- Are love and hate close to each other?
- Do you like Lucy?
- Does Lucy feel 28?
- Which philosophy about books is correct, units or magic?
- What do you think of Joshua and Lucy involving HR in their feud?
- What do you think of the competition for the new job as a catalyst for change in the book?
- Do you like Lucy’s parents?
- Were you surprised by Lucy’s dream about Joshua?
- Was asking Danny out a good idea?
- Is their first kiss in the elevator a good scene?
- Do you like Joshua?
- What do you think of the red roses that Lucy receives?
- Is paintball a good team-building exercise?
- Is Lucy’s illness a turning point?
- Is the key to find someone who can stand up to you and give it back to you?
- Would you suspect that the nice was a way for Josh to mess with you for the job?
- What do you think of the ebook subplot?
- Is Joshua shy?
- Were you surprised by the Mindy reveal?
- What did you think of Lucy defending Josh to his dad?
- Was the reveal of their feelings romantic?
- Were you surprised that he quit?
- Did you like the book?
Created by Michelle Haring