The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Teen Book Club
The Graveyard Book Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- Do you like the pictures?
- What do you think of the man Jack?
- Do you find the initial adventures of the 18-month-old child believable?
- What do you think of the scene where the Owens ghosts find the baby?
- Do you agree with Mrs. Owens that the child is hers because his mother gave him to her?
- What do you think of Silas, the guardian?
- Characters are introduced with their epitaphs, do you like this?
- Do you think the Freedom of the Graveyard is a gift?
- Is Scarlett a good human friend for Bod?
- Is the Sleer under the graveyard scary?
- What do you think of Miss Lupescu?
- Did you expect the ghouls to take Bod or does he go with them voluntarily?
- Where do you think the ghouls take Bod?
- What do you think of the witch, Liza?
- Does it make sense that she’s so proud that everyone that watched her die, died of the plague?
- Bod risks his life to get the money to buy Liza a headstone, is this noble or silly?
- What do you think of the Macabray?
- Is the model pupil forgettable like Bod?
- Should Bod have taught the seventh graders how to defend themselves from the bullies?
- Do you trust Mr. Frost?
- Did you think that Bod’s family was killed because of a prophecy?
- Did the climax have to take place at the graveyard?
- Scarlett says Bod is a monster, do you agree?
- Why does Bod need to leave the graveyard?
- Did you like the book?
Created by Michelle Haring