The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin
Fantasy Book Club
The Fifth Season Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the narration which includes 2nd person?
- How does the Prologue help the story?
- Does the flipping of perspectives pull you into the book?
- What do you think of Essun?
- Do you sympathize with her shock over the loss of her child?
- What do you think when she destroys the town of Tirimo?
- What do you think of Syenite’s orders to mate and the reaction of the man?
- Would you be afraid to live in a world with Orogeny?
- What do you think of Damaya and her story of being taken/saved from her family?
- Do you think breaking a child’s hand is the way to teach them?
- What do you think of the world creation?
- Who is your favorite character?
- Who is your least favorite character?
- What do you think of Syen pulling up the broken obelisk?
- What do you think of the different types of beings in this book?
- Do you know what the Guardians are?
- How do the happy times shape the book?
- Were you surprised that Tonkee was Binof?
- What do you think of Syen’s decision for Coru?
- What did you think of the ending?
- Did you enjoy the book?
- Do you want to read the other two books in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring