The Devereaux Legacy by Carolyn Hart
Mystery Book Club
The Devereaux Legacy Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- Does the introduction help the story?
- Is a graveyard a good place to start a mystery?
- What would you think if you found your own name on a gravestone from when you were 2?
- What do you think of the term a fated face?
- Do you find the story of the Whispering Lady interesting?
- Do you like Leah?
- What do you think of Leah’s reaction to Merrick?
- Does Leah’s grandmother Carrie accept her and move her into the family plantation too quickly?
- What do you think of Leah’s joy at finding out that Merrick was adopted?
- Do you trust Merrick?
- What do you think of the archaeologist Kent Ellis?
- Does the book have an effective sense of place?
- Were you surprised about what happened to the dog?
- Would you investigate if you were Leah?
- What do you think of the parallels between Marthe and Mary Ellen?
- Does the book feel dated?
- Should Leah have turned on Merrick because of overhearing his siblings?
- How would you feel if you found out that your mother killed your father and then herself?
- Did you figure out who the killer was?
- Were you surprised at Old Jason’s murder?
- Did you like the italicized parts from Marthe’s perspective?
- What did you think of the ending?
- Did you like the book?
Created by Michelle Haring