The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
Fountain of Youth Book Club
The Darkest Part of the Forest Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- Is the boy in the coffin a good introduction to the story?
- Would you want to live in Fairfold?
- Would you want to visit Fairfold?
- What do you think of Carter’s mother getting her child back and keeping the changeling?
- Would you have kept the changeling?
- Is kissing boys a bad thing?
- Why do you think Hazel does it?
- Would you rather be Ben or Hazel, the child with the curse of talent or the ordinary one?
- Does Lucky’s, the secondhand store, sound interesting?
- What do you think of Hazel bargaining with the Folk as a 10 year old?
- Does Ben and Hazel’s upbringing sound healthy?
- Who is your favorite character?
- What do you think of Ben and Hazel killing the monsters?
- Why do you think Ben really stopped playing music?
- Did you expect the coffin to break open?
- Is Severin, the sleeping prince, what you expected?
- What do you think of the gas leak excuse for the situation at the school?
- What did you think of the faire revel?
- Were you surprised that Hazel’s been living a double life that she doesn’t remember?
- What do you think of the relationship between the fae Sorrel and her husband Johannes?
- What do you think of the townspeople trying to give Jack back to the Folk?
- Who is the villain of the story?
- What do you think of the ending?
- Did you like the book?
Created by Michelle Haring