The Arrangement by Mary Balogh
Romance Book Club
The Arrangement Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- The book begins with Vincent, a 23 year old, fleeing his house to escape his female relatives, is this typical for a historical romance?
- Does it make more sense that his family is trying desperately to marry him off when it’s revealed he’s blind?
- Do you like Vincent?
- Sophia watches Vincent arrive at this childhood home is this a good introduction to her?
- Does the gossip of a small town ring true?
- Does Sophia going to the assembly remind you a little of Cinderella going to the ball?
- What do you think of Sophia and Vincent discussing their dreams of being independent?
- Were you surprised that Sophia’s family tossed her for saving Vincent?
- What do you think of the long description of her shopping trip?
- What do you think of the survivors club?
- Are you surprised by his panic attacks?
- Do you feel bad for Martin, Vincent's valet?
- What do you think of the seeing eye dog idea?
- Did you imagine that scene when Sofia spoke of her heartbreak?
- Does inviting her relatives to the ball seem odd?
- What did you think of the conflict?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring