The Amish Teacher’s Gift by Rachel J. Good
Romance Book Club
The Amish Teacher's Gift Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- Is setting up her classroom a good way to meet Ada Rupp?
- What do you think of Ada?
- Do you think it would be scary to teach a special needs classroom if you were Ada?
- Do you like Josiah?
- What do you think about reading his inner thoughts?
- Mary Elizabeth cries so she can be Ada, what would you do if you were Ada?
- Did you ever think how hard life would be if you couldn’t call someone if something went wrong like your child slipping away or like Ada if you found one of your students alone?
- Who is your favorite secondary character?
- Do you think children often listen better to people that aren’t family members?
- How do the family dynamics in Ada’s family feel real?
- What do you think of the romantic conflict?
- Do you think taking care of seven younger siblings would make finding a spouse difficult?
- What do you think of the life rules you learn about the Amish in the book?
- What do you think of using models to stand in for the Amish students in the playground shoot?
- Do you think the playground was a good idea?
- How do you think the book showed the longing between Ada and Josiah?
- What did you think of the Christmas program?
- Did the sledding trip sound like fun?
- Were you shocked that Josiah asked Leah to go to the Sweetheart dinner?
- What did you think had happened to Ada’s father before the reveal?
- Was the proposal scene moving?
- Did you like the book?
- Do you want to read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring