Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
Fountain of Youth Book Club
Strange the Dreamer Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- A girl falls from the sky in the prologue, how does this shape the story?
- Lazlo visited a demented monk so he could hear stories, how does that shape your view of Lazlo?
- At 13, Lazlo is stolen by the library, does this seem like a good thing?
- Did you expect Thyon to be the one being beaten when Lazlo almost stumbles on the scene?
- Is asking for Lazlo’s books really asking for his soul?
- Did you expect the Tizerkane, warriors of Weep, to show up at the library?
- Were you surprised by Lazlo’s bravery or was it desperation?
- What do you think of the switch in Part 2 of the book to the five teens?
- Which is more interesting, Lazlo or the five blue children of dead gods?
- What do you think of Sarai visiting and controlling people’s dreams?
- Who is your favorite character?
- Who is the villain?
- Who is the hero?
- What do you think of the Godslayer, Eril-Fane?
- Should the gods have been killed?
- What did you think of the battle between Lazlo and the ghosts?
- Is the story of Eril-Fane and Azareen a tragedy?
- What do you think of the love story between Lazlo and Sarai?
- Did you think it was Sarai that died in the prologue?
- What do you think of Minya controlling Sarai’s ghost and through that Lazlo?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read the next in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring