Spider Woman’s Daughter by Anne Hillerman
Mystery Book Club
Spider Woman's Daughter Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- The book begins with the shooting of Joe Leaphorn, how does this shape the story?
- Bernie is a police officer but an FBI agent interrogates her about the shooting, what do you think of this interaction?
- Does Bernie being removed from the case change the mystery?
- Do you like Bernie?
- What do you think of the inclusion of Navaho beliefs and history into the book?
- Should Bernie have taken Leaphorn’s cat home or put it outside?
- This is the first book in the series, does it feel that way?
- Do you think the old cases refer back to Tony Hillerman’s books?
- Were you surprised that the book switched perspective to Jim Chee?
- Do you like Jim Chee?
- What do you think of Bernie and Jim’s relationship?
- Why do you think Darlene is included in the book?
- What do you think of the information about the pots and their connection with the case?
- What did you think of the prayers for Leaphorn?
- Why do you think Chee was questioning Maxie Davis when they were alone and she had a gun?
- Did you expect Bernie to get tasered?
- Would you be able to encourage the bad guy monologue while tied up and tasered?
- Were the red herrings of the boys Jackson and Lizard or Louisa convincing suspects?
- Did you figure out the mystery?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring