Select by Marit Weisenberg
Teen Book Club
Select Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 1st person narration?
- Would you want to be the only girl with a group of rough and tumble boys?
- Does it feel like we are figuring out what’s going on in Julia’s world along with her?
- Do you like Julia?
- How much of her attitude is shaped by the dislike of her stepmother?
- Would you want to know more about people than the average person?
- Was the situation at the pool Julia’s fault?
- What do you think of Novak, Julia’s father?
- Why do you think Julia helped John win a tennis game?
- How would you respond if you could read a guy’s mind and his attraction to you?
- Would they need to expunge John Ford’s record if they never brought charges?
- Were you surprised that John figured out that Julia was cheating for him?
- Did you think that Julia and her family were a different species?
- Should she try to date John?
- What do you think about her trying to tell her teacher about the teacher’s toddler?
- Did you expect John and Julia to get caught?
- Could this be the rich girl, poor boy trope?
- What do you think of the FBI showing up to talk to Julia?
- Do you think her actual mom was really an FBI agent?
- Should she have gone to say goodbye to John and break him?
- Who is the villain of the story?
- What do you think of Julia trying to sacrifice herself to save John?
- Should she have told him she could read his thoughts?
- Was he right to send her away for it?
- Is Julia’s family a cult?
- What did you think of the ending?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring