Runemarks by Joanne Harris
Teen Book Club
Runemarks Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- The book begins with it being 500 years after the end of the world, what do you think of introducing this idea at the very beginning?
- What do you think of Maddy?
- Does Maddy accidentally summoning vermin along with the goblin seem gross?
- Was Maddy doomed to never fit into her village from her birth that killed her mother to the rune mark on her hand and her dark coloring?
- What do you think of One Eye?
- Does it help reading this book if you’re already familiar with Norse mythology?
- Would you go into the tunnel and the world below?
- Is Sugar, the goblin, a good companion?
- What do you think of Lucky?
- Did you figure out their old names before the reveal?
- What do you think of the Whisperer?
- A library of more than ten thousand books is mentioned as if it’s the most amazing thing in the world, does that seem like a lot?
- What did you think of the save of Odin?
- Should Maddy trust anyone?
- Is the Order with the Word a good villain?
- What do you think of Hel?
- Do you like the book skipping perspectives?
- Did the confrontation between Thor and Loki seem familiar?
- What do you think of Ethel becoming an oracle?
- What do you think of the aspects the gods take like a pig for Lady Sif or Ethel for Frigg?
- Did you like the ending?
- Did you like the book?
Created by Michelle Haring