Once Upon a Crime by P.J. Brackston
Mystery Book Club
Once Upon a Crime Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- Is a crying giant a good way to start the story?
- What do you think of Gretel?
- Does it feel like it is really supposed to be 1776?
- Is a catnapping a good case?
- Were you surprised that the girl was a princess?
- What did you think of the lion chase?
- Is the troll interesting?
- Does Gretel’s plan to cut off her brother’s finger change your view of her?
- Did the murder of Bechstein get enough attention?
- What do you think of the cheerful torturer?
- Did you think that Gretel would be executed?
- Does it seem odd that there are fake executions on a regular basis?
- What do you think of Herr Peterson dying in Gretel’s garden?
- Did you think that Gretel was the one that removed Peterson/Muller’s fingers?
- Does the book have a keystone cops feel with all of the justice officials chasing Gretel?
- Were you surprised at the addition to the tale of a Giant?
- What do you think of Roland’s tale of he and Johanna?
- Were you surprised that Hans was an able gambler?
- Are you horrified by the reason that the giant wanted the cats?
- Were you surprised that the cats were wonderfully taken care of?
- What did you think of the battle at the Giant’s cave/castle?
- Were you upset that two of the cats didn’t make it?
- What did you think of the ending?
- Did you like the book?
- Was the teaser at the end enough to make you want to read the next book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring