Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Fantasy Book Club
Neverwhere Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- What do you think of Richard’s interaction with the old woman on the street at the beginning of the book?
- Does the Prologue seem connected to the beginning of the first chapter?
- How evil do you think Mr. Croup and Mr. Vandemar are from the introduction to them?
- Do you like Richard?
- If two people meet at an art gallery or museum, should that become the center of their social life?
- Is Jessica really that awful?
- Would you have helped Door?
- What do you think of Door?
- Richard becomes a nonperson after his rescue of Door, what do you think?
- What do you think of London Below?
- Should humans really be afraid of Darkness?
- Is it cool that the Hunter is a beautiful woman?
- What do you think of the world creation?
- Did you expect Jessica to reappear?
- What do you think of the Angel Islington?
- Why do you think that we read about Door, Hunter and Richard’s dreams after Door and Richard drink the Atlantis wine?
- Did you expect Richard to have to face the Ordeal of the key?
- What do you think the Ordeal meant?
- Did you expect the Marquis de Carabas to come back from the dead?
- Were you surprised by the betrayals in the book?
- Are evil angels surprising in fiction?
- Would you stay in London Below or try to return to London Above?
- Did Richard need to try his real life again to decide to return to the London Below?
- Did you like the book?
- Will you read more by Neil Gaiman?
Created by Michelle Haring