Naked in Death by J.D. Robb
Mystery Book Club
Naked in Death Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- The book begins with Eve being haunted by the death of a child, is this an effective beginning?
- There is a description of Eve, who do you picture playing Eve Dallas?
- Do you like Eve?
- The murder weapon is a gun and it is 38 caliber which is an antique in this setting, is this jarring?
- Eve dreams of being the victim and the killer is Roarke, what do you think?
- This book was published in 1995 and set in the future, does it show some of the views of the 1990s?
- As Eve investigates the murder and keeps running into Rourke’s name, does he sound interesting?
- What do you think of Charles, the victim’s neighbor, who is a licensed companion as well?
- What do you think of Rourke?
- How does Mavis move the story forward?
- Does Rourke’s home sound incredible?
- What do you think of Rourke waiting for Eve in her apartment?
- Is this stalker behavior?
- For investigators is it helpful to find diaries for the victim?
- What do you think of Dr. Mira?
- Was the intimate scene necessary?
- Does it seem in character for Eve to hook up with Rourke?
- What do you think of the murder of Mr. Feinstein by his wife?
- Did you ever think that Rourke could be guilty?
- Is it ethical for Eve to ask Rourke to hack into suspect’s financials to help solve the case?
- What do you think of Eve blocking her own past and it coming through in her dreams?
- Do you think leaking the information the Simpson’s malfeasance to Nadine Furst is the right tactic?
- Does it seem like a lot of this case hinged on people coming forward like Charles with the safety deposit box or the call from Catherine?
- Were you surprised by the hypocritical Senator DeBlass?
- How disgusting is DeBlass, the pedophile, talking about a Morality Bill?
- Did you notice she put the end of the Urban Wars at 2016? (real gun deaths in the whole state of New York in 2016 was 900 not 10,000 in Manhattan)
- Were you surprised by Rockman being at Eve’s with a gun?
- What do you think of the bad guy monologue?
- Eve saved herself and physically defeated the bad guy, then Rourke and Feeney arrived to pull her off of him, what did you think of this scene?
- Do you like Galahad, the cat?
- What did you think of the ending?
- Did you like the book?
- Will you read more in the series?
- Does this feel like a series that will see its 50th full length mystery published next winter?
Created by Michelle Haring