Murder with Lemon Tea Cakes by Karen Rose Smith
Mystery Book Club
Murder with Lemon Tea Cakes Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- Does Willow Creek sound like any specific town in the area or could it be any town?
- What do you think of a tea shop that sells tea to go, soup and does teas?
- Do you like Daisy?
- Was Harvey’s soon to be ex’s arrival awkward?
- Does her daughter, Jazzi, feel like a real teenager?
- What do you think of the timing of the murder?
- Does Jazzi trying to find her birth parents make sense?
- What do you think of the need to hire a professional cleaning crew to clean up after the police leave the tea garden?
- Does the detective discounting the missing unicorn statue immediately seem odd?
- What do you think of Daisy’s detecting by asking questions?
- Who is your favorite character and why?
- Why do you think the reporters are swarming over a local murder?
- What do you think of Daisy’s interaction with the detective?
- Were you surprised by the gold coin in the tin?
- Do you think a murder would make a business busy?
- Are the cats in the story enough?
- Is Daisy really investigating the case or just asking some questions?
- Did you think that Jazzi’s adoption was somehow linked to the case?
- What do you think of the way the killer revealed himself?
- Were you surprised at who the killer was?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring