Moonlight Downs by Adrian Hyland
Mystery Book Club
Moonlight Downs Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 1st person narration?
- What do you think of the setting?
- Do you like Emily?
- Does she seem like she’s 26?
- How does the response to grief seem different to American eyes?
- Did you expect Emily to move to Bluebush?
- What do you think of the dialogue?
- Is a friendship built on a cache of abandoned books in an abandoned jail a good foundation?
- What do you think of the central mystery of Lincoln’s death?
- How does Emily’s past contribute to the story?
- The book was published in 2006, does it feel dated?
- Does the glossary help?
- Why do you think Tom MCGillivray lets Emily help him on the case?
- What do you think of the visit to the Marsh station?
- Did you expect Emily’s undercover operation with Massie to work?
- What did you think of Emily finding additional victims?
- Did you expect Blakie to suddenly become a spree killer?
- Were you surprised that the murders were about mining and precious metals?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring