How the Duke Was Won by Lenora Bell
Romance Book Club
How the Duke Was Won Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- This is a regency but it does not take place during the Season, how does this change the book?
- The book begins with James throwing knives at drawings of ladies while drunk to pick a possible bride, what do you think of him?
- We switch from James to Charlene, who do you like better at the beginning?
- Were you impressed that after being saved by the bouncer Kyuzo that she learned how to defend herself?
- Charlene is offered her dreams for three days of acting and making a Duke offer for her believing she is her half sister, should she take it?
- Would you take it?
- Do you like Charlene?
- Is meeting the women dressed as a footman a good idea?
- Charlene throws him when he gets fresh with her, does it make sense that this would intrigue him?
- James tries to stay away from a perfectly acceptable bride choice because he wants her, what do you think?
- What do you think of Flor?
- Did the book make you want chocolate?
- What do you think of the humor in the book, exploding bodices, sinking boats, etc.?
- Is Lady Vivienne a good foil for Charlene?
- Does James have a right to feel betrayed about being trapped because he compromised Charlene?
- Does Charlene’s desire to talk to Dorothea make sense?
- What do you think of James carrying Charlene out of the demimonde ball?
- Is Dorothea who you expected her to be?
- What did you think of the wedding?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring