Home from the Sea by Mercedes Lackey
Fantasy Book Club
Home from the Sea Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- Do you think it’s a problem that this is the 7th book in the Elemental Series?
- Is a storm a good place to start this story?
- Do you like Mari?
- Did the switch to London seem a little abrupt?
- What do you think of Sarah and Nan back from Africa?
- Did anyone catch the allusion to the female archaeologist and her family? (probably not but I’m so excited that it’s Amelia Peabody from the books by Elizabeth Peters-Sitt Hakim is the proof)
- Would a new constable standing around on market day change a village?
- What do you think of Mari’s father’s tale of the deal with the selkie’s or selch or seal shifters?
- Does it seem ridiculous that Mari has to continue the deal?
- Does the clue that she can bargain help?
- What do you think of the Welsh names?
- What do you think of the explanation of the magical system?
- Is Puck a good addition to this book?
- Who is your favorite character?
- What do you think of the first meeting between Sarah and Nan and Mari?
- Were you surprised that Mari picked Idwal?
- Does the fake arranged marriage plot seem like it belongs in a fantasy novel or a romance novel?
- What do you think of the Welsh folklore that you learn from the book?
- Did you expect the clan chief to steal the babies and Idwal?
- What do you think of Mari’s three trials?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring