Goddess for Hire by Sonia Singh
Fountain of Youth Book Club
Goddess for Hire Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 1st person narration?
- What do you think of Maya based on her introduction?
- Is it unreasonable that her parents expect her to listen to them since she lives in their house and spends their money?
- How would you respond if two men kidnapped you only to insist that you were the goddess Kali?
- Would you want to be able to see auras and sense evil?
- What do you think of Maya’s first attempt to be a hero in the convenience store?
- Maya’s first successful action hero is at a country club versus a machine gun wielding socialite, what do you think?
- Do you like Maya’s family?
- Why don’t you think Maya has friends?
- Does hunting malevolence seem like a good job?
- What do you think of Maya’s parents threatening to kick her out if she doesn’t demonstrate forward movement?
- Did you expect Maya to end up at Tahir’s after a night of drinking?
- Were you surprised that Sanjay was the evil chasing Maya?
- Did you expect Tahir’s response to finding out that Maya was Kali?
- What do you think of Maya becoming an object of worship?
- Should Tahir have asked Maya to marry him?
- What do you think of the battle between Sanjay and Maya?
- What genre do you think this is?
- Did you like the ending?
- Did you like the book?
Created by Michelle Haring