An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Fountain of Youth Book Club
An Ember in the Ashes Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the alternating 1st person narration?
- What do you think of the beginning of Laia's story?
- How does the dawn of Laia's story contrast with Elias's?
- Why do you think Laia told them where the sketchbook was?
- Did you expect the murder of her grandparents?
- Should she have run?
- Why do you think Elias takes off his Mask?
- What do you think of the brutality of the soldiers?
- Did you expect the Commandant to be Elias's mother?
- Does graduation day seem like a good day to desert?
- What do you think of the Augurs ability to read minds?
- Would you believe the Augur if you were Elias?
- Why do you think Elias agrees to be one of the 4 in the trials?
- Do you like Laia?
- Do you like Elias?
- Who is your favorite character?
- Should Elias have told Helen the truth when they sat together after both found out they were in line to be Emperor?
- What do you think of the world creation?
- Why do you think his kills are Elias's worst fear?
- Who is the worst villain in the book?
- What do you think of the Trials?
- How is fantasy used in this book?
- What do you think of Elias and Laia’s dance?
- Do you trust the Resistance?
- What do you think of the way that Elias treats Helene?
- How awful is the 3rd trial where friends must kill each other?
- What did you think of Elias and Laia’s night together?
- Did you expect Marcus to kill Laia?
- Why do you think Laia was saved?
- What game do you think the Augurs are playing?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring