Compulsion by Martina Boone
Teen Book Club
Compulsion Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- The book starts with Barrie sitting and waiting in an airport for three hours for an aunt that she’s never met, is this a good opening scene?
- Would being able to find things be a cool gift?
- Would you want to live at Watson’s Landing?
- Do you like Barrie?
- Is Barrie watching Eight play with his dog a good introduction to him?
- Should Mark have sent Barrie away?
- What do you think of Barrie being dropped into a world of family feuds, ghosts, and ruined plantations?
- What do you think of Cassie?
- Do you like Eight?
- Would you want the gift of knowing what people want?
- Who is your favorite character?
- Does Pru seem older than 36?
- What do you think of Cassie’s play based on Gone With the Wind?
- Did you expect Wyatt, Cassie’s father, to hit her?
- Were you at all surprised that Lula’s father had been intercepting and hiding letters from her for years?
- Should Barrie run into the woods to go to the Fire Carrier?
- Is Cassie or Barrie awkward at the party with Eight’s friends?
- Were you surprised that Twila was murdered?
- How cool is the idea of a secret room and secret passage ways in an old plantation?
- Why do you think Cassie locked Eight and Barrie in the secret passage?
- What do you think of the confrontation between Wyatt and Barrie?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring