And Only to Deceive by Tasha Alexander
Mystery Book Club
And Only to Deceive Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 1st person narration?
- Does Philip sound like an interesting suitor?
- What do you think of Lady Emily?
- Do you blame her for her lack of heartbreak over Philip’s death?
- Does the role of widow sound so bad in Victorian England?
- What do you think of the entries from Philip’s journals?
- Do you like Philip?
- Did reading about the Renoir make you want to look up the painting?
- Does it feel like a mystery at the beginning?
- What do you think of the descriptions in the book?
- Do you think it is a good idea to fall in love with your dead husband?
- Are the antiquities and forgeries a good mystery?
- Who do you prefer Andrew Palmer or Colin Hargreaves?
- What do you think of Lady Emily meeting with Mr. Attewater, the expert forger?
- Do you think the letter to Andrew Palmer is proof that Philip is still alive?
- Who is your favorite character?
- Would you go running off to find Philip in Africa?
- Were you surprised that Philip was murdered?
- Did the villain surprise you?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
- Do you want to read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring