Ancestor by Scott Sigler
Fantasy Book Club
Ancestor Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- The scientist at the beginning kills some of his own staff to stop the spread of the flu virus, what do you think of his response?
- Do you find biomedical research interesting or horrifying?
- Do you think xenotransplantation is a good idea?
- Who is the hero of the book?
- Does the basic idea of bringing back an ancient life form and having it breed to create human organs seem horrifying?
- What do you think of the world building?
- Who is your favorite character?
- What do you think of the multiple perspectives?
- Who is the villain?
- At what point should the scientists have stopped?
- How does the storm raise the stakes?
- Were you surprised by the ancestors?
- What did you think of their perspective?
- Were you surprised at the deaths?
- Did you expect anyone to live?
- What character were you the happiest to see live?
- What did you think of the Epilogue where some of the animals survived?
- Did you like the book?
Created by Michelle Haring