Alive by Scott Sigler
Teen Book Club
Alive Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the beginning where the main character feels trapped in a nightmare?
- Is breaking out of a coffin a frightening idea?
- Would you help someone else break out of their coffin?
- Is it weird that they both think they are 12 but aren’t?
- Did you expect any of the coffins to hold actual dead people?
- Is it freakier that six of them don’t know anything than when it was just Savage or Em?
- What do you think of how Em became the leader?
- Do you agree with O’Malley’s reasoning?
- Were you surprised that Em stabbed Yong?
- What do you think of spears and knives and tribes?
- Does voting make sense?
- Are the forehead symbols confusing?
- What do you think of the pig hunt?
- Did you think that the pig would lead them to food and water?
- Who is right, Em or Bishop, about killing the pig?
- Whose fault is Latu’s death?
- Who is your favorite character?
- Is Aramovsky a believer in religion or using it for power?
- What do you think of the descriptions of the dead bodies?
- What do you think the monster that they are conversing with is?
- Were you surprised that they were in a spaceship?
- What do you think of Matilda Savage meeting herself and the Matilda we know being a receptacle?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring