Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death by M.C. Beaton
Mystery Book Club
Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- Agatha is 53 and rather plain with little charm according to the description at the beginning, how does that shape your perception of her?
- Would you want to retire to a village in Cotswold and so young?
- Do you like Agatha?
- The book was first published in 1992, does it feel dated?
- Does it make sense that Agatha is upset that the other company laid off her employees and closed her office?
- The first thing that Agatha does to her neighbor is steal her cleaning woman, how does that affect your view of Agatha?
- Agatha’s quiche is from a store in London, but she’s worried about it, does that seem odd?
- Why do you think Agatha didn’t just tell the police that she bought the quiche?
- What do you think of Bill Wong, the constable?
- Do you think the quiche was intended for Agatha?
- What do you think of Roy and Steve?
- Do the people in the town feel realistic?
- What do you think of Mrs. Cartwright?
- How awful are the Boggles?
- Would you investigate the accidental death?
- Would the Barbara James be enough to make you stop investigating?
- Did you expect male strippers?
- What do you think of Agatha’s auction?
- Did you think that John Cartwright was a criminal?
- Does Agatha’s wavering between London and Carsely make sense?
- How cool is Bill Wong giving Agatha a cat?
- Should Agatha have confronted a woman she suspected of murder alone without backup?
- Do you think Vera’s murder plan with sleeping pills and fire would have worked if wasn’t for Detective Wong?
- Did you figure out who the killer was?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring