Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Fountain Of Youth Book Club
Beautiful Disaster Discussion Questions
- Did you like this book?
- What do you think was the central point behind the story?
- Did the author do a good job with the setting? Could you picture the campus, the apartment and the places where they held fights?
- Could you picture the characters?
- Were the characters realistic to you? Do you think this was a realistic interpretation of college life? Could you relate to the characters?
- Was the friendship/relationship development realistic?
- Did you ever have a friendship like this? A relationship like this?
- America and Shepley: too much, not enough, or just enough?
- What did you think of Travis when you first met him? Did your opinion change? When and to what? Did you like him at the end of the book?
- What did you think of Abby? Did your opinion of her change? When and to what? Did you like her at the end of the book?
- Did you know anyone like Travis when you were in school?
- What did you originally think Abby’s past was?
- What was your favorite part of the book?
- What did you think of the fight scenes? What did you think of Travis always having to have Abby at his fights?
- What did you think of Abby’s reaction to Travis bringing 2 girls home at once? Is this any worse than 1 girl at a time? How would you have reacted?
- What did you think of Parker? Did your opinion of him change?
- Did you like the way the relationship unfolded between Abby and Travis?
- How would you have reacted to finding out you were still expected at Thanksgiving dinner? Should Abby have gone?
- Did you like “Vegas Abby”?
- Have you ever read anything like this before? Is it just like the romance novels we read, except younger characters and a different setting?
- Would this make a good movie? Who would you cast?
- What is in the future for Abby and Travis?
- Did you like the book?
Created by Michelle Haring