A Promise Of Fire by Amanda Bouchet
Urban Fantasy Book Club
A Promise of Fire Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 1st person narration?
- Do you like the circus setting at the beginning?
- What do you think of the Greek style background to the world?
- Do you like Cat?
- Were you surprised that the traitor hit Cat with the Medusa’s dust?
- Did her response of killing Basil the traitor surprise you?
- What do you think of Griffin taking Cat?
- Cat’s mother taught her that love is weakness because people can manipulate through the people you love, do you agree?
- Cat’s a Kingmaker because she can tell when people are lying, would you want that power?
- Would you want the power to turn invisible?
- Is it interesting that everyone loves the Beta Sinta but without mass media he can wander through his land and no one recognizes him?
- Cat accidentally steals Euphoria which is the magical equivalent of a drug, is this scene important?
- Cat can steal magic and Griffin is immune, which power is better?
- Breaking vows can destroy Cat, what do you think of this power?
- What do you think of the battles scenes?
- Cat’s told that she could have been captured by worse, what do you think of that outlook?
- Can you imagine having eight children and turning them against each other to the point of encouraging them to kill each other?
- When Griffin has Cat tell him about the Fisa royal family, is the twist of the story broadcast?
- Does Cat seem to let herself get caught on fire a lot?
- What do you think of Griffin’s family?
- Cat has a prophetic dream and rides to save Griffin, what does that say about her character and her feelings?
- Could their relationship have continued to grow with Cat’s vow to never leave him between them?
- Is not becoming intimate because you’re afraid of what your mother will do to your children a good reason?
- How creepy would it be for Poseidon to stop into your head for a visit when you’re trying to decide if you should be with the man you love?
- Is Griffin a jerk for just assuming that they would marry?
- Did you expect Daphne to try to kill her after the party?
- What do you think of Griffin’s temper tantrum while they are trying to heal Cat?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring