Pies and Prejudice by Ellery Adams
Mystery Book Club
Pies and Prejudice Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- Does it feel like the book introduces a bunch of characters at the very beginning?
- What do you think of Ella Mae?
- The book begins with Ella Mae sad and telling her family about catching her husband cheating on her with twins, what do you think of this as a beginning?
- Would you want to have 5 women raising you like Ella Mae?
- What do you think of Ella Mae mixing her feelings into her pies?
- Would you want a pie that made you feel things?
- Does Loralyn seem like an evil stereotype?
- Do you wish there was a pie shop near here?
- What do you think of Ella Mae’s husband, Sloan?
- What do you think of the planning of the shop?
- Does the murder seem forced?
- Does showing up at the dead vet’s clinic with pie seem like an odd way to investigate his murder?
- What do you think about the scene between Loralyn and Ashleigh, her fiancee’s daughter at the funeral?
- How yucky is someone being murdered with a pie in the pie shop?
- Did you expect Ashleigh to be the killer?
- Did it take Ella Mae a long time to figure out that her pies were causing people’s emotions?
- Does it seem like the book goes on for a while after the killer is discovered?
- Should Ella Mae have ripped up Sloan’s check?
- Would you have?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring