If Books Could Kill by Kate Carlisle
Mystery Book Club
If Books Could Kill Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the first person narration?
- The author describes herself as a broken book at the beginning, is this a good beginning?
- What do you think of Brooklyn?
- Do you find the Robert Burns book mystery interesting?
- What did you think of the setting of Edinburgh?
- Brooklyn complains about her taste in men a lot, what do you think?
- Was this a terrible way to find Kyle’s body and a terrible location?
- Would anyone who was already involved in 2 murders be stupid enough to kill someone with a hammer with their initials on it?
- What do you think of Derek?
- Did you expect a girl fight with Minka?
- Does an antiquarian book panel at a conference ending in the drama of a woman being hustled out by the police seem plausible?
- Brooklyn is almost killed by a falling bookshelf, what do you think of that as a way to die?
- What do you think of the Robert Burns Society kidnapping Brooklyn?
- What do you think of the kidnappers being respectable?
- Brooklyn is almost crushed by a bookcase and then almost the victim of a hit and run, does it seem that she should be watched more closely?
- Do you like Robin?
- Are Brooklyn’s parents a little too out there?
- Did you know immediately that the brake line was cut when the breaks did not work?
- Does finding bodies seem to be bad luck for Brooklyn?
- Does the relationship between Kyle’s lovers seem odd?
- Should Brooklyn have gone to the chapel without any of her large police friends?
- Did Brooklyn save herself or did she need Derek?
- Does it really matter?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring