Cremains of the Day by Misty Simon
Mystery Book Club
Cremains of the Day Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 1st person narration?
- Tallie’s cleaning a bathroom the first time we meet her, is this a good introduction to her life?
- Do you like Tallie?
- Tallie encourages Darla to pay her by hinting that she could mess up the house more quickly than she cleaned it, does this make you like her more?
- Does Bean There Done That coffee shop sound familiar?
- Would you like the hang out there?
- Who is your favorite secondary character and why?
- Who is your least favorite secondary character and why?
- Does Tallie’s mom seem realistic?
- If you thought your ex-husband was dead in an alley and the police were on their way, would you enter the alley?
- Does a taser to the private parts seem like a good punishment for an ex-husband?
- What do you think of the small town where the mystery is set?
- Does it seem familiar?
- How do you think you would react to finding Darla dead in the closet?
- Why do you think Burton thinks Tallie is a suspect?
- Would you go pick up Waldo?
- What do you think of Max?
- Were you surprised that Waldo was involved in embezzling?
- Would you trust Max?
- Is it sad the no one seems sad about Darla’s murder?
- Who do you think is the best suspect for the murder?
- Is cleaning houses a good way to investigate murders?
- Did Katie’s reaction to Tallie’s questions seem over the top?
- Do you like Mr. Fleefers?
- Were you surprised that Tallie’s apartment was ransacked?
- Is Waldo stealing Mr. Fleefers surprising?
- Would a small used bookstore be an effective way to money launder?
- Do you like the fact that when Aaron grabs her, Tallie fights back?
- What do you think of Tallie capturing Aaron in a coffin?
- Did you expect the money to be in Tallie’s attic?
- Did you like the book?
- Will you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring