Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein
Teen Book Club
Rose Under Fire Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the first person narration?
- Is the diary format effective?
- The book begins with notes for an accident report, is this a good way to get to know Rose?
- What do you think of the introduction to Rose and her job in this Chapter about the death of one of the other female pilots?
- Do you like Rose?
- What do you think of Rose’s poetry?
- Does the book convey how odd relationships are during wartime?
- There is a description of Maddie and Jamie’s wedding, what did you think of it?
- Rose is from Central Pennsylvania, does it feel that way when she describes home?
- Is it shocking to switch from Rose’s diary to the letter to Maddie from Rose’s Aunt Edith and then the other letters?
- How great is it when you start reading from Rose’s perspective again?
- Rose describes her capture by the German planes, did it feel realistic?
- Does it make sense that the Germans have no idea what to do with Rose?
- What do you think of Ravensbruck?
- Why do you think Rose wouldn’t work the skilled job?
- Do you agree with her decision?
- How do the stories of the other prisoners make you feel?
- What do you think of the Rabbits?
- How horrifying is the idea of moving corpses?
- Is Anna, the former pharmacist a villain?
- What do you think of the camp hiding the Rabbits?
- Rose, Irina and Roza escape in a plane, what do you think of this?
- Do you understand why Rose did not tell the world about what she saw at first?
- Is this book linear?
- Should it be?
- Did you enjoy the book?
- Are you happy that you read it?
Created by Michelle Haring