Book of Lies by Brad Meltzer
Mystery Book Club
Book of Lies Book Club Questions
- Do you feel like you get to know Cal?
- Should the death of Cal’s mom have been the first chapter?
- Which character is developed the most?
- What do you think of Cal’s job of picking up homeless people?
- What did you think of the father/son theme that runs throughout the book?
- What do you think of Lloyd, Cal’s dad?
- At the beginning did it feel like there were too many different plot threads?
- Was the book exciting?
- What did you think of the Cain and Abel thread? There were no siblings in the book, how did that influence your perception of the book?
- Was Ellis a developed villain? Did you sympathize with him at all?
- What did you think of Naomi? Did her loyalty to her partner seem a bit naïve based on Cal’s analysis of Timothy’s character?
- What did you think of Serena? Did you suspect that she was Prophet?
- What did you think of the reveal of who the Prophet was? Were you surprised it was Roosevelt?
- Did you feel like the Thule was every developed as an interesting bad guy conspiracy?
- What did you think of the Superman connection?
- What did the comic book aspect add to the story?
- Did the good guys seem remarkably cavalier about the fact that their main clue was worth over a million dollars?
- What do you think of the fact that the book of Truth is with Siegel’s widow?
- Does it make sense that it is written in pictures?
- What do you think of the message that truth is storytelling from father to son?
- Did you like the book?
Created by Michelle Haring