Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter Series #1) by Nalini Singh
Urban Fantasy Book Club
Angel’s Blood Book Club Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- What do you think of Elena’s coloring –white blond hair, silver eyes and golden skin?
- In this world, vampires sign a hundred year contract with the angels for immortality, would you sign the contract?
- Why do you think the book begins with Elena very easily capturing a baby vampire?
- Is this a good way to introduce the world and rules of the world?
- What do you think of the Elena’s first reaction of feeling sick to her stomach over the invitation to meet the archangel, Raphael?
- What do you think of a hero with wings?
- Should the main characters in a novel be described as being almost beautiful beyond comprehension, does it add to the book or make is seem too over the top?
- Does it feel like the author introduces too many characters at the beginning and does not make it easy to discern who the most important characters are?
- Who is the most interesting secondary character to you?
- The beginning of the relationship between Elena and Raphael is adversarial, does it feel forced?
- Does it feel sexy or yucky?
- Do you like Elena?
- Do you like Raphael?
- Would you want a lover who could not only see into your mind but also control it?
- In chapter 12, Raphael is told that because Elena could make him feel human, he needs to kill her, do you believe that he will?
- Does it create believable tension?
- Does the fact that Raphael can bleed and not heal from Elena’s gun change the power dynamic?
- What do you think of Dmitri?
- What do you think of the violence level of the book?
- How does it affect the power dynamic when the hero is hundreds or even thousands of years old by the heroine is in her 20s?
- Does the hinted at horrific back story of Elena’s childhood add to the story?
- Is Uram an interesting villain?
- What do you think of Elena’s father?
- Several times Elena states that she would rather be killed than to have her memories taken, would you?
- Elena is dying and turns down the chance to be a vampire, is that the right choice?
- Did you expect her to become an angel?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring