Brave the Heat by Sara Humphreys
Romance Book Club
Brave the Heat Book Club Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- Is the Prologue of Gavin fighting a fire a good starting point for the story?
- What do you think of Gavin?
- Is 15 years between seeing each other ancient history?
- Does the reason that Jordan stayed away from Gavin make sense?
- Do you like Jordan?
- Is running away twice in 15 years really a pattern?
- What do you think of the friendship between Maddy and Jordan, does it seem real?
- Jordan does not need to work for money but she gets a job at Maddy’s flower shop, what does this say about her character?
- Is it reasonable for Gavin to ask Jordan why she ghosted?
- Does this feel like a small town romance?
- What do you think of Gavin insisting on going to see Jordan’s dad with her for the first time in 15 years?
- Do Gavin’s parents seem realistic?
- What do you think of Jordan’s daughters Lily and Grace?
- Gavin is called to a fire rather than going with Jordan to her parents, does this change your perception of him at all?
- Are the arsons in town an interesting side plot?
- We find out why Gavin and Jordan fought as teenagers about 1/3rd of the way into the book, would it have been more effective earlier?
- Do you think that two people that loved each other can be friends after 15 years?
- What do you think of Ted’s appearance the day of Jordan’s dad’s funeral?
- What do you think of Gavin’s angry declaration of love to Jordan that he has loved her since 4th grade?
- Did you expect Rick to die?
- What do you think of Gavin shutting Jordan out after Rick’s death?
- Does it make sense?
- Did the arsonist make sense?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring