Blood Oath (A Nathaniel Cade Novel) by Christopher Farnsworth
Urban Fantasy Book Club
Blood Oath Book Club Questions
- What do you think of the third person narration?
- What do you think of the first chapter from the perspective of an Army Sniper?
- Did you realize that the Serbs were werewolves as soon as they were introduced?
- Do you like Zach, the boy wonder politician?
- Do you like Griff, the grizzled agent?
- What do you think of the idea of a Presidential Vampire?
- Do you find a character like the spoiled brat, Dylan, to be believable?
- What do you think of the excerpts at the beginning of each chapter?
- What do you think of Cade, the vampire?
- What do you think of the order of the book?
- For example, should the chapter where Cade becomes the President’s Vampire have been the first chapter of the book?
- Does it make sense that Marie Laveau is the one to bind him?
- Would you want Zach’s job?
- What do you think of the way that the author includes real history, for example LBJ meeting with Cade alone?
- Is Cade a monster?
- Do you need monsters to fight monsters?
- Who is more of a monster Helen or Cade?
- Does this book feel like it wants to be a movie?
- So the book starts out with Cade fighting werewolves and then moves on to Frankenstein monsters, does it seem a little cliché?
- Is Cade and Griff’s basic idea that hiding the dark from normal people makes everyone safer?
- Would you want to visit the Reliquary?
- Zach mentions that he thinks that vampires are sex gods but Cade responds that humans are food and would Zach want to have sex with a cow, what do you think of not sexy vampires?
- What do you think of Tania?
- What did you think of the sex scene between Tania and Cade?
- Was the torture of Zach necessary?
- Did anyone notice that 18 human heads were discovered in Chicago this week?
- Was it a big reveal that the Frankenstein monsters were on their way to DC?
- What do you think of Cade beating a monster to death with its own arm?
- Is that how Griff would have wanted to die?
- Was the Epilogue necessary at all?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring