The Blessing Way by Tony Hillerman
Mystery Book Club
The Blessing Way Book Club Questions
- What do you think of the first scene with the chanting?
- Does it feel like it makes any sense?
- Does the scene with Horseman hunting seem very different from what we are used to reading?
- Does it pull you into the story?
- What do you think of Bergen McKee? Is his story more interesting than Horseman’s?
- What do you think of Joe Leaphorn?
- Did you expect Horseman to be the dead body?
- What do you think of the witchcraft angle?
- Do you get a good view of the scenery of the reservation in this book?
- What do you think of the ceremonies detailed in the book?
- What did you think of the interaction between McKee and the man with the dog skin and the gun?
- Would you have been frightened?
- Did you notice that McKee was a veteran from Korea and Leaphorn from Vietnam?
- Did you find yourself thinking that McKee needed a cell phone but there were none plus even now a regular cell phone would probably not work there.
- What kind of money do you think the two bad guys are pursuing?
- Did you feel like you got to know any of the characters very well?
- Did you notice the Big Navaho, the bad guy confused Leaphorn because he killed for profit because he really was a stranger raised in LA?
- Is this a traditional mystery?
- Was Jim Hall being the mastermind villain any surprise at all?
- What did you think of the answer to the mystery?
- Did you enjoy the book?
Created by Michelle Haring